To encourage our love of nature and our keen interest in the protection and admiration of the environment, Lions in Texas are encouraged to find that beauty all over the State and then capture it in photo form so that all can enjoy our rich diversity in Texas.
Each year, hundreds of photos are entered in the state through local club competition, the winners advancing to District level scrutiny, and finally to the State level. Members are encouraged to enter as many photos as they wish. At the club level, the winners are voted on by the members. Later competitions are judged by panels of experts. Winners at the State level advance to the International Photo Contest.
- The 2016-2017 Environmental Photo Contest is open to LIONS and LEOS.
- All photos depicting a nature theme (such as plants, animals, landscape, weather phenomenon, etc.) are welcome.
- Photos should be original, unaltered and must be taken by the submitting Lion.
- Photos should depict the local environment of the community the Lions or Leo club serves.
- Photos that include people will be disqualified.
- Photos should be printed on high-quality photo paper and measure 8” x 10” (20.3 x 25.4 cm.)
- All photographers accept responsibility for the cost of taking and processing all photos.
- LIONS CLUBS and LEO CLUBS are invited to submit their photo(s) to the DISTRICT contest or to the District Governor as applicable.
- LIONS DISTRICTS select and submit one winning photo to the MULTIPLE DISTRICT by January 27, 2017. Photos shall be mailed to reach the state office by this date.
- LIONS MULTIPLE DISTRICTS select and submit one winning photo to LIONS CLUBS INTERNATIONAL by March 1, 2017. Photos must be submitted to LIONS CLUBS INTERNATIONAL with a complete and signed official entry form (available on the LCI website). Multiple entries will not be accepted.
- Contest photos become the property of LIONS CLUBS INTERNATIONAL. LIONS CLUBS INTERNATIONAL reserves the right to disqualify entries that do not meet contest criteria or that may be viewed as inappropriate or objectionable.
- LIONS CLUBS INTERNATIONAL will display MULTIPLE DISTRICT-level entries at the International Convention in Chicago. Registered convention attendees will vote for their favorite photos.
- The three photos receiving the most votes will win 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prize. An award will be presented to the winning photographers and the photos will be featured on the LCI website.
- At all levels of the competition, photos will be judged impartially based on originality, artistic merit, and technical quality.
E-mail contest questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org